The COVID-19 pandemic is upending life but it’s obvious that sales and marketing professionals are adapting—and fast. Some of what I’m seeing from the best companies:
- Emphasizing organizational mission and values. While much has changed, the essence of most companies should remain steadfast.
- Remaining committed to corporate positioning—while tweaking messages to the moment.
- Expanding commitment to business intelligence activities like customer research, secondary research and strategic planning.
- Equipping salespeople with new communication tools to help them maintain contact with customers and prospects.
- Redirecting attention to fundamental activities. Examples: updating outdated websites, relaunching newsletters and reactivating social media.
I’ll close with five questions that I encourage business leaders to ask as the ponder their next steps:
- Has my target changed?
- What messages do we emphasize to customers and prospects?
- How do we stay connected with our stakeholders?
- How can we help our salespeople sell?
- How do we improve our online footprint?
Stay safe, everyone.