USO Wisconsin, Inc. is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of US Armed Forces personnel and their families who reside or pass through Wisconsin. By expanding their programs and building new centers, USO Wisconsin had more than 56,000 program participants in 2015 through programs at Christmas, deployments and unit events.
The USO has had a continuous presence in Wisconsin since 1941. In 1984, Wisconsin incorporated as a Charter Center of the USO. With no funding from the government, military, or USO Inc., this non-profit organization is solely supported by the generosity of private citizens, service organizations, corporate gifts and foundations.
The Ritterbusch Group supports this non-profit with media outreach for annual events and general publicity, especially as the national and state organizations celebrate the 75th anniversary of the USO’s founding this year.
- USO Wisconsin opened a new military welcome center at La Crosse (Wisconsin) Regional Airport in February, which is estimated to serve 100,000 service members each year as they travel to and from Fort McCoy, Wisconsin.
- USO Wisconsin currently operates the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) at Milwaukee’s Mitchell International Airport, which supports families in the process of joining the military.
- Centers at the airports in Milwaukee and La Crosse cater to military families in transit, deployments, welcome home celebrations, and assist families of the fallen.
- In 2015, two centers opened on the training grounds at Fort McCoy to offer Wi-Fi, phones for calling home, stress relieving activities and comfort foods.
Upcoming USO Wisconsin events include:
- Milwaukee Brewers Military Appreciation Day at Miller Park on May 30
- USO Golf Fundraiser on June 13 in Ironwood and Sussex
For more information, visit http://www.usowisconsin.org.