Post meeting follow-up can be just as important as the meeting. I am reminded of this while I am wrapping up our latest meeting for one of our clients, ASGCA. Here are a few typical “to-do’s” for my post-meeting checklist:
- Send out the post-meeting survey within a few days after the meeting concludes. Events will still be fresh in attendees minds and they will be more likely to provide you with accurate feedback.
- Send out thank you notes or gifts to speakers and/or special guests.
- If you took photos at your event, share them with attendees with a quick note of thanks for attending.
- Post any power points or videos from your event to a cloud site for attendees and/or non-attendees to access.
- Take the time to review your own notes from the event and analyze what worked well and what can be improved upon for the next meeting.
And one last important note – after a lengthy meeting (3+ days), I like to take a few days off to recharge. Doing so, I am able to come back to work refreshed – and ready to begin planning the next meeting.