A few short weeks ago, TRG held a Food with Friends event addressing the current state of Email Marketing. I was happy to not only sit in on that conversation, but also talk specifically about building email campaigns with the mobile audience in mind. These mobile-optimized messages can dramatically impact both the open rate of emails and the level of engagement folks have with those communications.
As we all sat, ate and discussed the various merits of email marketing, I gladly shared some cherry-picked statistics from a great site, emailmonday.com, to help emphasize some key points. The following shared stats were among my favorites:
- In the last three years, mobile email opens have increased 180%
- In the 3rd quarter of 2014, 53% of all email was opened on a mobile device
- 61% of people read at least some of their email on a mobile device
- 34% of people read the bulk of their email on a mobile device
With smartphones within our quick grasp at nearly all times, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that more and more people are using their mobile devices to communicate and conduct business. So, if you’re running any type of email campaign, I strongly suggest that you think about formatting that email for your (growing) mobile audience.
Want one more reason why tailoring your message for the small screen is so important?
- 71% of people immediately delete emails that don’t “look good” on their mobile device